ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, MARKETING PARTNERSHIPS
Be part of building a national brand. Headquartered in Toronto, the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high-performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including the participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
Reporting to a Manager, Marketing Partnerships, the Account Executive, Marketing Partnerships will lead a roster of Partner accounts and support as needed to deliver against their objectives. The Account Executive will provide the highest level of customer service, strategic integration of partnership activations and must enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
This position will be located in the COC office in Toronto, ON at 250 Yonge St. Suite 3000.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Enhance sponsor value by working with Supporters and Suppliers and their agencies to develop and execute programs which leverage a Partner’s involvement with the Canadian Olympic Team to drive Partner and COC business objectives.
- Assist in the development, execution and administration of sponsor programs for Premier National and National Partners that leverage their involvement with the Canadian Olympic Team.
- Manage the approvals process for Partner marks usage and activation plans.
- Liaise with the COC’s Sport, Marketing, and Education departments, as well as the Canadian Olympic Foundation, to ensure proper delivery of Partner benefits and to build activation programs tied to athlete, Games, fundraising and community related needs and objectives.
- Work within the Marketing Partnerships team to establish a detailed service plan that supports and enhances Partner programs.
- Work with the Commercial Affairs team to monitor and manage commercial rights infringements while working closely with Partners to ensure they have the tools to maximize their brand association rights.
- Manage budgets for the assigned Supporter and Supplier Partners.
- Manage and support key projects and cross-functional tasks for the Marketing Partnerships team, which drive value for the Marketing Partners group as a collective.
- Help develop and strengthen the Canadian Olympic Team brand and sub-brands with Partners in the Canadian marketplace.
- Work closely with the COC’s Brand Connections team to execute COC programs and events with Partner activations; specifically supporting communication on Partner sponsorship, recognition and internal event engagement.
- Keep sponsors informed of all COC and Olympic activities so that they can anticipate and schedule promotional activities accordingly.
- Keep COC staff informed of all Partner Games-related activities.
- Maintain sponsor contact reports to support the growth of COC and Olympic marketing knowledge.
- Work closely with the Brand Connections and Communications teams to leverage Canadian Olympic Team online and social media opportunities for Partners.
- Grow and maintain technical and professional proficiency of the sports marketing industry, as well as of Partners’, and prospective Partners’, industries.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
Education and Experience
- University degree or equivalent.
- 2-4 years of proven marketing experience in sponsorship and/or sports marketing.
Skills and Abilities
- Event management experience an asset.
- Understanding of core marketing concepts, activating sponsorships, and valuation.
- Passionate about sport from grassroots to high performance.
- An affinity for building strong relationships.
- Best in class client service experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Bilingualism (French, English) is an asset.
- Computer skills – high level of proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery.
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by April 26, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The COC is committed to ensuring our recruitment and selection processes and work environment are inclusive and barrier-free. At the COC, we celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees and believe that having a team of individuals with different backgrounds, views, experience and capability working together makes us stronger and better as an organization.
Accommodation is also available upon request for individuals taking part in all stages of our recruitment and selection processes. Please advise the recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs due to a disability are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.