Pursue Series: The Journey
Students will see that chasing their dreams is a long and at times arduous journey. They will read and see the stories of Olympians who battled injuries and setbacks on the road to their dreams. Through it all, the athletes demonstrate a dogged determination to never give up.
1. Download the Video Activity package suitable to participants’ reading levels.
2. Watch The Journey (bilingual video available above).
3. Download the Learning Activity package suitable to participants’ reading levels.
Each Video Activity package and Learning Activity package includes a printable story and comprehension and reflection activities written at three reading levels, enabling teachers to easily adapt the lesson to students of multiple reading and achievement levels.
At the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
- Identify and understand the concepts of bravery and perseverance;
- Develop tools to help themselves to persevere during challenging moment.