Santiago 2023: Team Canada at the end of Day 7
SANTIAGO, CHILE (October 27, 2023) – Team Canada added three gold and one silver to its medal total on Day 7 at the Santiago 2023 Pan American Games. Here is what you need to know.
TEAM CANADA’S MEDAL COUNT:
GOLD: 32 | SILVER: 25 | BRONZE: 30 | TOTAL: 87
SCHEDULE/RESULTS: Day 7 Results and Day 8 Schedule
DAY 7 HIGHLIGHTS:
- Beach volleyball:
- Melissa Humana-Paredes (Toronto, Ont.) and Brandie Wilkerson (Toronto, Ont.) captured silver in women’s beach volleyball.
- Canada’s last Pan Am Games medal in the sport came 24 years ago when Jody Holden and Conrad Leinemann won gold on home sand at Winnipeg 1999.
- Two Canadians boxers captured gold in their respective weight classes – Tammara Thibeault (Shawinigan, Que.), women’s 75kg and Wyatt Sanford (Kennetcook, N.S.), men’s 63.5kg.
- Both Thibeault and Sanford qualified for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games after winning their respective semifinals yesterday.
- Cycling – Track
- Team Canada raced to gold in the men’s team pursuit. The team also set a new Pan American record, finishing in 3:53.593, erasing the mark they set in qualifying yesterday.
HOW TO WATCH:
- Olympic.ca has a one-stop shop for all the key information you could need in our Santiago 2023 content hub. That includes the details on what Team Canada athletes and teams need to achieve to secure Olympic qualification for Paris 2024. Team Canada will be providing content across our website, social media channels and the Team Canada app.
- Watch live action from CBC and Radio-Canada from the 2023 Pan American Games in Santiago, Chile.
- Pan Am Sports Channel will also be available for free in Canada throughout the event
FOLLOW: @TeamCanadaPR for medal alerts and other important facts.
Sam Sokol, Press Operations Lead
Thomas Hall, Press Chief